Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On The Menu..

I was talking to my friend, Jean, the other day and she asked me to post a recipe.
So here goes, this is what we had for dinner last night (sorry I should have taken a pic, but I didn't think of it). It is tasty, and the best part about it is it is so good for you.
***
BBQ Basket Marinade
Marinade:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 c water
1/4 c. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp. basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
***
Meat:
Chicken, cut up into chunks
Shrimp, raw (deveined and with the tails removed)
***
Veggies: You can use whatever veggies you like, here's my favorites to use in it:
Zuchinni
Squash
Onion
Mushrooms
Cherry Tomatoes (I only use these sometimes)
Green Bell Pepper
***
Mix up the marinade and add meat and cut up veggies. I put them in a BBQ basket and then BBQ (when you put it in the basket, do not pour in, scoop the meat and veggies in so you don't get to much extra marinade on your BBQ...we don't want to start a fire).
If you don't have a BBQ basket you can put them on skewers, but I think the meat gets so tender and delicious in the BBQ basket.
***
Mmmm, it's a perfect little dinner for the summertime.
Now I want some new recipes, so post one, email me one or leave one in my comments.

8 comments:

jeannie said...

OH that looks so yummy! I can't wait to make it with all of my garden goods! Thanks for posting. I'll come up with one sooN and send it to you!

JaMie HeApS said...

yum you little chef it looks tasty. i hear your loosing some major weight im so impressed and jealouse. YOU GO GIRL!!! how about a full body pose post.

Jewels said...

that sounds good, I will have to try it. I will post a yummy recipe for you too! Love ya!

Debra Carroll said...

Hey yeah I thought I told you I had started a blog - It was all your idea!! Thanks! One more reason for the computer to suck the life out of me...!

Cori Henderson said...

I love the recipe, I'll have to try it. I'll try to think of a yummy one to post.

laura said...

That sounds so good! I need to try that. First we need to get a barbeque basket though!

Marianne Henderson said...

OK - we're going to try it!

jenny said...

Trish- Remember when we were talking about banana bread. here's a recipe that is more healthy- no sugar!

Healthy Honey Banana Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. round nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
6 T. honey
1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)

Ina large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. Combine the eggs, banana, applesauce and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raisins.

Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray;fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.