Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mt. Lemmon

I have wanted to take the kids to Mt. Lemmon ever since we moved here, and we finally made a day trip up there on Saturday. It was so pretty and was interesting to watch as we increased in elevation, how the scenery changed. At the bottom it was typical Tucson, lots of Saguaro Cactus and not too green, but by the time we made it to the top the cactus were replaced with lots of green trees and the temperature was A LOT cooler.
At the top of Mt Lemmon is this cute little town, Summerhaven, and we got to stop and eat at this YUMMY pizza place. It was so heavenly sitting outside in the cool breeze and enjoying the afternoon.
The kids were so cute on the way up, Paul had told them that cougars and rattlesnakes live up here. So the whole ride up Raegan was saying
"Cougars, Rattlesnakes where are you?"
They looked for animals the whole time and Brig loved when the mountain bikers passed by.

Isn't it pretty?

(except for that dang sign)





Granted it is no "Utah Mountains" but it is the best that we have here, and it was beautiful. The Arizona scenery has really grown on me in the last couple of years, it is beautiful in it's own "Desert" way! I am excited to go back up in the winter and let the kids play in the snow.


10 comments:

jeannie said...

i love mt. lemmon so pretty. my favorite are those awesome balancing rocks on the way up!

JaMie HeApS said...

you little stink your getting to be a runt im so impressed with how good your looking!!!! oh and yes the mts are pretty

Jewels said...

How fun, you all look so darling. And your hair is getting so long. I really like it! I love Arizona too, I really think its pretty there!! Really your kids are just so adorable and growing up way to fast!

Mary and Ryan said...

Gotta get a taste of fall somehow in this sun-laden state:) Love the pics, looks like a blast...Mt. Lemmon might just be a new hot spot:)

Heather O. said...

That looks beautiful. So do you!

Jana said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous!

laura said...

That pizza is to die for!! We will have to go to the snow together in the winter. Couple weeks till wharehouse!! Yeah!

Stacie said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Marianne Henderson said...

What a fun day. I miss those days of packing all of my little ones up and hitting the road!

The Cannons said...

Trisha, I was up there last Friday and Sat. too for a Youth retreat. How funny! It was beautiful. I can not wait to get my hands on Brig and Reagan next week. I havent seen you guys forever. We really are SO excited to watch them-It looks like I can put them to work too. So Cute!