Monday, August 3, 2009

Ready or Not....

it was time for him to start Kindergarten!
Who am I kidding?
The kids was so ready and has been excited for weeks.
It was me that wasn't sure if I was ready to send my little boy to school ALL DAY everyday.
So the BIG awaited day was today.....
My Little Kindergartner
Yesterday he was so excited to get his blessing, make his lunch, set out his clothes and get everything ready.
This morning he ate his nutritious first day of school breakfast, packed up his backpack and lunch and got ready bright and early for his Kindergarten Debut!
His teacher had them decorate a fish to bring the first day of school to help decorate the classroom...he is so proud!





Brig with his new teacher, Ms. Nickel
I can hardly wait to pick him up this afternoon and hear all about his day!
We love you buddy, you're the best
I'm gonna miss you like CRAZY, but am so excited for this new adventure.
Your teacher is one lucky lady to get to spend ALL DAY every day with you!
...and yes, I did cry. I got choked up at school but kept the tears in, but when I got home and talked to Paul on the phone I let all out. It's just a weird feeling to send your kid off to the "big kid" school. But I am SO EXCITED for him, I really really am. It's normal to cry on their first day of school, right??

14 comments:

Mary and Ryan said...

Did you shed a few tears?? What a big day!! I like his cute first day of school outfit, very handsome! He will have so much fun. Im sure you are a little sad today, but to quote a very wise man, "keep ya head up"

Jana said...

Go Briggy!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest pictures--Brig is so big!!! Can't wait to hear all about the first day :) We have on video Megan giving a complete run down of her first day of school which my mom video taped just as she got off teh bus. It's SO cute to watch! Especially when she goes into detail how she was upset because she spilled her Skittles at lunch and it made her sad.

JaMie HeApS said...

just thinking about it gets me a little teary whats the deal? brig you are one stud and i thinkyou chose wisely for the outfit on the first day of school. im sure all the ladies were oohing and aweing.

jeannie said...

Yes I do it every time and then I do a HAPPY DANCE that I get some free time! You'll get used to it!

Brig you look so handsome I'm diggin your new threads!

Stacie said...

He looks SO OLD

Anonymous said...

You're such a cute mom! I'm sure it's normal to cry. Hope his first day was great!!

laura said...

That totally makes me want to cry just thinking of sending off Tylie. Maybe our hormones are a little crazy too right? What a cute little student!

Tami said...

Oh my gosh he is so dang cute! I bet that was hard for you, even if you were happy for him. I dont blame you for crying I am probably going to be the biggest baby when this time comes for us. He is such a cute kid and he looks so dang happy.

JessieC said...

Way to go Brigham! You are so big. P.S. Trish, I am NOT looking forward to that day! :)

Heather C. said...

Of course it is normal to cry!!! No matter how ready you both are for this day it is still a bit sad. They aren't babies anymore. I almost got choked up just reading your post & its not even my kid :)

Meg the Potty Animal said...

He is adorable and its totally normal. I am freaking out about bringing Jakey to preschool but I know he needs it.

Unknown said...

I know he is old enough, but these pictures confirm that my first grand child is no baby anymore. He looks so grown up, handsome and what a sharp dresser. Don't blink he'll be graduating from HS if you do. Love every minute of the "great adventure" (raising kids).

Marianne Henderson said...

They tell you the time raising your kids will fly by. You're busy and sometimes overwhelmed and you don't really believe it but all of a sudden your baby is a Senior in High School and your first grandchild is in Kindergarten . . . then you know they were right. Darn it, now I'm crying. He looks so handsome and grown up. Love you Brig!