Saturday, January 16, 2010

a start on my new years resolutions...

#1 on my resolution list was to start the year off running a 1/2 marathon...CHECK
#2 on my list...learn to SEW
I kinda sorta know how to use my machine
and
I kinda sorta know how to sew
so
the goal is to really learn how to sew and build "sewing confidence" in myself.
So I kicked the year off with these creations....
A blanket and matching burp rag for Morgan, I am in
LOVE LOVE LOVE
with this fabric!!
I made some other burp rags for her too but didnt take pictures
This little dress for Morgan
I have to give a little shout out to my friend Karli...she is so so talented and helped me make the dress and really really helped me make the blanket! Thank you, Thank you!!

And a bib for Morgan


I've definitely got the itch!!
Next on the list...some more baby essentials and a blanket for Raegan and Brigham

Hopefully I can get as excited for my "other" New Years Resolutions


And here's a little pic of my chunker monk...
I wish my legs could look that cute with rolls like that :)

17 comments:

Cori Henderson said...

I should make that my New Years resolution. Those are so cute!!!

The Ellis Fam said...

Way to go. Super cute. If you like the fabric it makes the project go so much beter.

jenichild said...

Those are so cute! I need to ask her for some lessons :)

Karli said...

On stop Trish! The rolls on your legs DO look that cute!! He he he... Thanks for the shout out, but don't be "sew" modest. You are a rockin' sewer!!! Can't wait for another mommy playdate!

Tami said...

Oh my gosh! SO cute! Good job girl I love them!!!

jenny said...

nice job... your work looks great! and you have to love all of beautiful fabric out there now. amy butler is the best! can't wait to see all of the cute things you come up with. i need to ask karli how she sews the minky fabric. that stuff drives me nuts!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Trish you are amazing!!!! I have NEVER been able to sew...i only will stitch up little holes or make alterations to my own clothes (if and only if the stitching cannot be seen!!! ha ha). I have tried sewing before with supervision...yeah, I struggle. ha ha but seriously, you're amazing!!!! SUCH cute stuff!!!!

Stacie said...

I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD LOVE TO SEW! Good for you T. I'm seriously counting down the days until I know if this little one is a Sally or a Fred so I can start making things. Love you.

Mary and Ryan said...

Good work Trish! Very cute!

JaMie HeApS said...

LOOK AT YOU JUST CHECKING OFF THAT LIST... IMPRESSIVE

Heather O. said...

Great sewing! And thanks for posting a new pictures of Morgan!

Laura said...

Shut up! Those are too cute!! I want you to teach me how to make the dress!

jeannie said...

Keep it up girl those are sdorable and baby is even MORE adorable! i can't wait to see her and smooch her!

Amanda said...

WOW! You do good work, and have great taste in fabrics! I love it!

mickisha said...

K Trisha, You need to pass those patterns on to me, okay? Oh wait I don't have a baby to sew for. . . but I still want them:)

Marianne Henderson said...

I am SEW impressed! Seriously!

Meg the Potty Animal said...

Awesome! Did you make the flower headband Morgan is wearing? If so I need/want to buy one from you! Let me know!