Monday, October 25, 2010

It's always a treat

when Nana & Pa come town!
On Saturday, after the soccer and baseball games we took them up Mt Lemmon for the afternoon

it was SO BEAUTIFUL up there
You can't go up to the top of Mt Lemmon without stopping at the Cookie Cabin for some pizza and the yummiest, biggest cookies.



Wooops, guess these crazies didn't read the sign :)
My kids love love love to play games (yep, definitely my kids) so before my parents got here I told them that I played LOTS of games growing up and that Nana & Pa liked to play games too.

Wow, did my kids take that literally. The SECOND my parents walked in the door they were hittin' them up to play games! And Nana & Pa were great sports to play the Ladybug game and Uno all weekend long. AND Nana brought them a puzzle which was a hit too!

We loved every minute having Nana & Pa! The kids loved reading with them, playing games and being their "neighbor" for the weekend! We got to go to our favorite restaurant Cafe Poca Cosa while they were here (seriously, if you ever come this way its MUST, and if you live here and havent eaten there you are missin' out) and my mom and I even got an afternoon away for lunch and some shopping!

5 comments:

The Ellis Fam said...

Your parents seem to come visit you and your sisters all the time. I think that's awesome. It's good to hear because it reminds me that I need to prepare no so that I can go play with my kids and grandkids whenever I want. Not saying that your parents are old.

JaMie HeApS said...

glad you got a get away with your parents, nothing beter.. and i hope you scored on your shoppin:)

Mary and Ryan said...

Your parents sure are cute! Tell them they can come play lots of games with my kids too:)

Cori Henderson said...

How fun to have your parents come to visit!!! I need to get mine to do that sometime:)

Marianne Henderson said...

We had so much fun!