My Dear, Sweet Bedstemor passed away this afternoon.
I couldn't let this pass without expressing my feelings for this wonderful woman. She was such a great example of what it means to be a strong, faithful woman. She had many hardships in her life, but only dwelt on the many positive things in her life. She truly took the hard things in life with great stride and honor.
She is my Great-Great Grandmother and my children's Great-Great-Great Grandmother, she lived to be almost 103. She was truly a sweet spirit!
She came to my wedding 7 years ago the spunkiest, most energetic 95 (at the time) year old woman. She was always so full of life!
The last few years she has definitely slowed down, but each time I would visit her, even if it took her a few minutes to remember who I was, I always left feeling uplifted by the same woman that I had always loved. She loved seing the "babies" and everytime we would visit that would be the first thing that she would ask for, and her eyes would light up when she saw them.
(only missing my Nana, my Great Grandma)
2006: Bedstemor with Luke, Raegan and Brig
I regret not being able to spend more time with her, but the memories that I have of her are sweet and I will always remember her by those.



8 comments:
We all feel the same way. We love her, but it was so time for her to go and I'm sure she's so happy her time finally came.
How cool to have had a Great-great Grandma! I'll bet she was amazing. I'll bet she is meeting some wonderful people up in heaven!!
Oh sad we were just talking about her earlier today when you told me she wasn't doing too well. Yes there are probably some super sweet reunions going on right now on the other side.
103! Wow! I can't believe you got to know your great great grandma. How sweet! I didn't even recognize you in those pictures with your lighter hair!
What a sweet tribute. She deserved it!
WOW!!!! What an amazing woman. She has definitely lived a full life.
What a gift to know someone that wonderful and wise. I remember her at your wedding. How cool to have a 6 generation picture- that's something that doesn't happen every day.
Sorry for your loss--but what an amazing legacy!!
Post a Comment