Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spa Treatment of Root Canal??

Ya so yesterday I had to get a root canal.
I know what you are thinking...MISERABLE!
Ya thats what I was expecting too. This tooth as been on the brink of needing a root canal for a long time, so I knew it was coming.
My dentist referred me to an endodontist because it was a little bit of a complicated root canal.
So yesterday as I headed to the "specialist" I wasn't thrilled, as you can imagine.
But when I got there I was in shock...

First they offered me a complimentary drink
(a huge assortment....juice, sodas, water---even Girl Scout Cookies)
Then they escorted me back to my room
About every 10 minutes I was asked "How are you? What can we get for you? Are you feeling alright?"
Everyone talked in the sweetest voice, with the most pleasant smile on their faces
and I kid you not
as I was walking out the door already wondering
"Did I just have a root canal or did I just spend the afternoon at the Spa?"
they handed me a white rose and wished me a happy day!

12 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Wow! Where'd you go? That guy deserves some mad referrals!

Cori Henderson said...

Wow! Now that's where I want to go if I have teeth issues!!!

Joel & Megan said...

Oh my goodness that is SO FUNNY! Wow, I've never heard of a place doing all that. How neat!

Clint said...

That. is. awesome!

Mary and Ryan said...

I think I want to get a root canal!

Anonymous said...

My manager's sister is a dentist and she has a similar office, so I hear. While you're getting your work done, she gives you a parafin hand treatment, they offer drinks including herbal tea and specialty coffees, I hear it's pretty awesome :)

jenny said...

haha, mary! that experience at least makes having a root canal somewhat bearable. i will be calling you for that office if i ever need to get another. :)

JaMie HeApS said...

what was the beverage of choice? hope its feeling just as good today.

Jana said...

what. the. CRAP???

jeannie said...

SWEET! that's not something you hear after a dental visit. I did get a hand massage once that was my highlight no roses though.

Debbie Cannon said...

Keep the blogs commin! Love them all. Wow, denistry sounds like it is finally stepin it up...I hope he starts a craze that spreads to the whole country. I do not think I will ever be satisfied with a regular dentist visit again. I want the beverage offers, and roses, and the whole bit! We have a couple of dental students in our ward...I am going to give them the hint. Hey a couple of blogs back I think I saw a cow pie...not on the ground. You guys are too funny. This is where I can always count on a good clean laugh! Thanks

Laura said...

That is so funny! They even gave you a rose? Crazy! Did I mention you made the cutest little outfits for you girls! You need to teach me! Oh and Tylie asked to play with Raegan today. We need to get together :)