Monday, March 15, 2010

"Nerth" Guns and a Birthday

Both Brig and Raegan were so excited to pick out their presents for their dad this year. They wanted to go BIG and both wanted to get him a gun. When I told them that I wasn't getting him a gun because it was too much money, Brig said "Well then I'll get it for him." When I asked him how he was going to pay for it he told me "You are!"
Luckily he happily settled on picking him out a Pocket Knife.

Raegan did get Paul a shotgun for his birthday...

a Nerf Gun Shotgun, or a "Nerth" Gun as they are called around here

And let me tell you it WAS A HIT!

That shotgun got some serious use...the entire day was filled with wars and battles and target shooting. He was like a little child, he couldnt get enough of his new toy. The whole family got in on the action, and besides a few temporary battle wounds it was a blast.
Moral of the story:

Paul may have turned a year older, but you can't make a boy really grow up

and that, my friends is why I love him so much, never a dull moment with that one
I love you Paul...Happy Birthday!

11 comments:

Jana said...

So cute! He may be getting old, but at least he's not admitting it yet ;)

Love you!

Tami said...

ha ha that last picture is awesome!
Where have you been girl! I miss your posts, you must be busy!!

Mary and Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Paul! You are a little kid at heart totally. I was trying to find something cool like a pooping reingdeer for ya but just couldn't find one! Take that new shotgun with ya hunting with you next time and see what you can kill.

Cori Henderson said...

Happy Birthday Paul! How cute!!! I love the last picture too!!! I love how men never grow up:)

JaMie HeApS said...

uni i love you and im so glad you got that fancy gun and pocket knife, you tottaly scored. happy happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

I love nerf guns!!!! You're NEVER too old for those!! We had a primary activity a couple weeks ago and one of the games was using nerf guns to go "hunting with Nephi" let me tell you, the kids had fun...but the dads had WAY more fun!!! There were only a few that came, but the ones that did, seriously played with them non stop!!! it was funny :)

Brian and Janette said...

You guys are such a fun family! Happy Birthday, Paul...looks like it couldn't have been much better.

jenny said...

i'm surprised paul's not wearing his new gi joe shirt or a superheores shirt. :) the nerf gun is a great idea. i think i'm going to do those for all of my family for christmas. family shoot-outs!! love it! :)

Jen said...

Sweet! I love the guns... although I agree with Jenny, the GI Joe shirt would have completed it! You guys are a cute family. Glad it was such a great day!

The Ellis Fam said...

I love it. I'm so stealing your idea and getting my Mark a nerf gun now. I, too, love how boys will never grow up. Especiall when they get a son to teach them all things boy. Your family is so cute.

jeannie said...

Happy Birthday Pauly Wally Doodle! I hope you can keep all the birds off your lawn with that thing!