Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Letters

Okay this is too cute, I had to post it. My Dad emailed this note to Brig when he saw the preschool graduation post....

Brig,

Wow, you must have been super good in school to get a diploma and a trip to the zoo. I am very proud of what a great guy you are growing up to be. I am so excited that you are coming for a summer visit this Sunday, we’ll have to do some fun stuff while you are here. Would you like to go out on the boat?

When your mommy was a little girl and did good in School Nana and I would take her for a treat (she was good in school just like you). When you are here I’d like to take you out for a treat too. Ask your mom what the good student treat is.

I love you and am excited to see you in 5 days.

Love, PA

So cute! SO after I read it to Brig he wanted to write a letter back to Pa, so I asked him what he wanted to say...these are the words right out of his mouth...

Pa,

I love you. I want to play with you when I visit. I want to draw and color and play with toys and be T-Rexes with you. And eat too with Pa and Nana. I want to eat at the table at your house. I like chocolate ice cream with green. I want to sit on the boat and play. I will wear my lifejacket and maybe drive the boat. Will you help me?

I want to sleep at your house, in the room with the freaky monkey. I like to play with the freaky monkey, the freaky monkey's name is Curious George! It's not scary anymore. I love you! See you in Utah.

Love, Brig

hIlLarIoUs.....and the good student treat is ice cream...which is why Brig says he likes "chocolate ice cream with green" (aka Mint Chip). Also, the "freaky monkey" is this toy monkey in the closet of the grandkids room at my Mom and Dad's house. When Brig was like 2 he named it the "Freaky Monkey" and has always been scared of it, I guess he is ready to conquer his fear.

10 comments:

Marianne Henderson said...

That is so cute! Dad forwarded me Brig's letter. At first I didn't know what chocolate ice cream with green was so I added chocolate ice cream and green sprinkles to my grocery list. Now I know - Mint Chocolate Chip!

jenny said...

the freaky monkey is curious george? lol. that is the sweetest letter. aren't kids the best!

Jana said...

so cute! we are getting so excited to see you!

Heather O. said...

I love Brig!

Aubrey said...

That is so precious! I love relationships that kids have with their grandparents. I'm sure you will have a great trip!!

Stacie said...

i really wish i was going to see you guys for more than like 2 days. i miss you madly

JaMie HeApS said...

oh brig you big boy you!!! im so excited you coming to utah too, well have to party hard when you her tell you mom you need some serouse time with dax and jace. we love you.

Laura said...

That is too cute! Way to go Brig!

jeannie said...

super tender! I want to see that freaky monkey!

Lily Sunshine said...

What a treasure!!! Soooo cute and so fun to have for the future. Your kids have SUPER Grandparents!!!