Friday, July 11, 2008

Arizona Sanity Saver...

I am so so so glad that the Monsoons are here! It is a relief from the HEAT! I swear they are super early this year, but I am NOT complaining. When it rains it pours, literally. They give no warning, it just starts pouring. And I mean POURING, I have never seen any rain like it before! Sometimes, if you are driving you have to pull over because you can't see a thing! They best part is after a monsoon, it cools everything down. The downside is a few hours later it is MUGGY! But a release from the heat is still welcomed! Hopefully this Monsoon Season is a long one!
I Love It!
For those of you who don't know what a monsoon is, here is Wikipedia's definition:
A monsoon is a seasonal prevailing wind which lasts for several months (ours isn't quite that long)... In hydrology, monsoon rainfall is considered to be that which occurs in any region that receives the majority of its rain during a particular season.

7 comments:

jeannie said...

oh HOW i LOVE A GOOD MONSOON!! They are fun, exciting, sometime's a bit scary, but they are beautiful too!
we used to love watching them from the garage, best lightening storms ever!!

Tami said...

That sounds pretty fun! I have some family in Arizona and when we go visit in the summer I die! I don't know how you do it. I guess you just have to get used to it. But I have to say I think it would be a fun place to live. They live in Gilbert and it is such a cute friendly place!

JaMie HeApS said...

the monsoon is like one of the best things in tucson!!! i love the smell and the feeling in the air. i loved rocking on the back porch soaking it all in. im jelouse. also love the new header

Stacie said...

you're hoping the weather cools down, and i'm dreading that it will be cold by the time i get back to rexburg for fall. we certainly live in different worlds, unfortunately. miss you, love you

jeannie said...

Love the new layout and such cute pics!!

Sharee Gariety said...

We get 'em here in Albuquerque too and I also love them. They ARE early this year, aren't they?

Heather O. said...

Enjoy your rain!